WInSiC4AP contributes in developing reliable technology bricks for efficient and cost-effective applications addressing social challenges and market segments where Europe is a recognized global leader as well as automotive, avionics, railway and de-fence.
– On Board battery Charger for PHEV or BEV
– Isolated DC-DC Converter for HEV, BEV and FC
– Intelligent Power Switch (IPS-RA): High Voltage PowerConverters (<10 kV) for embedded railway equipment’s
– Intelligent Power Switch (IPS-AA): AC & DC Intelligent Power Switch (IPS) for power distribution in avionics at module and component levels
– High efficiency Bidirectional SiC-based Power Converter for V2G/V2H applications in a nano/microgrid scenario
– Inverter for Avionics Applications
– LiPo Interface for Aerospace
– Engine Controller-Inverter for Aerospace
Relevance and Impact
Reliability, efficiency improvements, cost and size reductions, designed-and manufactured-in-EU are the most relevant challenges addressed to lead to a strong European supply chain for SiC converters.
The project will be supported with synergy by ECSEL JU and ESI funding, with relevant economic and social impact envisage in a less development region of Union.
The ambition of WInSiC4AP is to play a primary role towards excellence in Europe: primary access to IPs for the relevant essential capabilities, competitiveness of manufacturing in Europe.
The project will develop innovative end-user products (application systems and subsystems) based on SiC technology.
Advanced technology bricks:
– Packaging, PCB, Passive Components
– SiC and package bricks for discrete or modules at 100, 650, …1700V with a current range spanning from 10A to 400A.
Applicative platforms across different industrial domains [i.e. DC-DC converter, Inverter, other for Avionics]